Pro - Power Bowls.
Simple + Easy to make.
1. Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Add the brown rice to a medium bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Halve and juice the lemon. Peel and mince the shallot. Pick and roughly chop parsley leaves. Drain the red peppers. Whisk together the lemon juice, agave, Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt + pepper in a small bowl.
2. Add the kidney beans, minced shallot, chopped parsley leaves, red peppers, and vinaigrette to the cooked brown rice and toss to combine. Divide between serving bowls.
Tip. If you rather to cook brown rice from the stove, go for it, instead of microwaving pre-cooked brown rice.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
Simple + Easy to cook in oven.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Mix spices in a small bowl. Cut up sweet potatoes in strips and put it a medium bowl and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
3. Mix spices with the sweet potatoes strips. Put the sweet potatoes on a foiled baking sheet. Put in oven and set timer for 20 minutes.
Sweet potato fries are rich in beta carotene, which helps your body make vitamin A.
Honey Roasted Balsamic Brussel Sprouts.
Simple + Easy to cook in oven.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut up Brussel Sprouts lengthwise and remove ends + dead leaves.
3. Toss them in olive oil and add a pinch of salt + pepper. Put in oven and set timer for 20 mins.
4. While the Brussel Sprouts are roasting, get a small bowl and whisk up the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey.
5. Once the Brussel Sprouts are done, add the dressing on them and mix it up. Enjoy.
Brussel Sprouts are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, making them a nutritious addition to your diet.
Crispy Bombay Potatoes.
Simple + Easy to cook.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a small saucepan, combine the beluga lentils, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until they are tender, 20 to 24 minutes. Drain any remaining water.
2. Add the potatoes to a medium saucepan, cover with 1 inch of water, and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and let it cool. Add the chopped cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces and add olive oil and a pinch of salt + pepper to a baking sheet. Toss to coat and roast until well browned, 10 to 12 minutes
3. Peel + thinly slice the red onion. Halve and juice the lime. Add 1 cup of sliced red onion and the lime juice to a medium bowl. Toss and set aside. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the sliced garlic and cook until it begins to brown, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer the garlic to a plate lined with paper towels and leave oil in the skillet, off the heat.
4. Add the Cashewgurt, tahini, and a pinch of salt + pepper to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine the tahini yogurt, taste and add salt + pepper as necessary.
5. Transfer boiled potatoes to a clean work surface and use a spoon to gently press down on each until the sides blister open. Add the smashed potatoes, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, salt, and pinch of pepper to the skillet with the garlic oil and return to high heat. Cook potatoes until golden brown and crispy, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
6. Roughly chip the cilantro leaves and stems. Add the roasted cauliflower and chopped cilantro to the bowl with the marinated onion. Spread the tahini yogurt on large pates. Top with cooked lentils, crispy Bombay potatoes, cilantro cauliflower salad, and garlic chips.
Chipotle Lime Shrimp Bowls.
Simple + Easy to eat.
For the shrimp.
+ 1 lb. large shrimp, deveined and peeled
+ 3 tbsp canola oil, divided
+ 3 tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
+ 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced (about 1 tbsp)
+ 1 tsp adobo sauce (the liquid from the can of peppers)
+ 2 cloves garlic, pressed
+ 2 tsp honey
+ 3/4 tsp ground cumin
+ 1/2 tsp kosher salt
+ 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
For the bowl.
+ 4 cups cooked brown rice
+ 1 - 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and warmed
+ 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
+ 1 large avocado, pitted and chopped
+ 4 green onions, chopped
+ 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
+ Fresh cilantro
+ Lime wedges
1. Place the shrimp in a bowl or gallon freezer bag, and add 2 tbsp of the oil, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobe sauce, garlic, honey, salt, cumin, and pepper. Massage the ingredients into the shrimp and let the shrimp rest on the counter for 15 minutes.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Spread the shrimp across the pan and discard any remaining marinade. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until they've turned lightly pink on the outside and the insides are turning white.
3. Assemble the bowls with the rice, black beans, veggies and sprinkle with cilantro. Drizzle with more adobo sauce and a squeeze of lime if desired.